I'd love to have you share on Facebook and Pinterest. You can use the small gray icon below each Bible study for this purpose.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Love Means This Insights

These are my insights for Love Means This Bible Study. I'd love to hear your insights as well.

Below are the principles I pulled from 2 Corinthians 7:8-16 ....but they are not the only correct way of looking at this passage...you may have a slightly different list or you may have divided the list differently. That's fine. As long as our answers come from Scripture!


Below are the characteristics I listed for worldly sorrow based on the opposite attitudes of those in 2 Corinthians 7:8-16.





Our "knee-jerk" reaction is to defend ourselves or convince ourselves that the other person understands so we don't need to apologize. But genuine apologies (accompanied by true repentance) are healing to all relationships. We think we "save face" by not apologizing when we actually make ourselves look worse.

And it's never too late to apologize. The Lord convicted me of some offenses I'd committed against my parents and in-laws many years after they were committed. Most of them were long forgotten, But I took the time to genuinely ask forgiveness for each specific detail God had given me. I believe it blessed my parents and in-laws, and I know it blessed me.

So ask God to guide you...are there people who need to hear a sincere apology from you?



copyright 2013, Gail Burton Purath, BiteSizeBibleStudy.com 
All Scripture NIV unless otherwise noted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...