I'd love to have you share on Facebook and Pinterest. You can use the small gray icon below each Bible study for this purpose.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Clutter Tolerance (Insights)

Clutter Tolerance levels
Before reading these insights, I encourage you to do the Bible study "Clutter Tolerance."

I've been reading missionary biographies with my granddaughter, and I am so aware that our attitude toward money and possessions greatly affects our walk with God. Without exception, the missionaries I've read about have sacrificially given up earthly treasure for heavenly treasure.

I admit it's been convicting to me, and I'm "struggling" to find God's will for me personally. From my experience, it's always better if we struggle a bit with these issues instead of simply comforting ourselves with what the majority believe. 

Giving of our finances, time and possessions is an important indicator of our love for Christ, and most Christians are giving stingily or not at all. Why not ask God what "little thing" you might give or give up for His kingdom...not out of guilt, but out of love.

I'd love to know if this study has changed any of your attitudes toward money...has it made you struggle a bit? Did any of the 6 principles below affect your heart?

6 Principles in 6 passages:

wants versus needs
Free Digital Photos
Mark 12:41-44: The sacrifice behind the gift is more important than the size of the gift. 

Luke 16:10: The way we handle small amounts of money is a reflection of how we will handle larger amounts of money. It's also a reflection of our character, dependability, and honesty. 

Philippians 4:11-13: With Christ's help, we can be content with wealth or poverty. Our attitude is more important than our circumstances. 

1 Timothy 6:7-10: Money is a powerful temptation, with great power to destroy our faith and our purposes in life. 

2 Corinthians 9:6-8: Stinginess is rewarded with stinginess, generosity with generosity. God cares about the heart of the giver more than the gift. 

James 2:14-17: Those with genuine faith in Christ will not turn away from those in need.
copyright 2013, Gail Burton Purath, BiteSizeBibleStudy.com 
All Scripture NIV unless otherwise noted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...