Theistic evolutionists believe God created using macro-evolution, something never observed in nature.
Macro-evolution theorizes that life came from a series of mutations, mistakes, and death, with man starting as an animal.
But claiming God created via this evolutionary process contradicts Scripture.
The Bible says:
1. God spoke things into existence (Genesis 1; 2 Peter 3:3-7). Theistic evolutionists believe God merely started a random process.
2. God created the world "very good" from the beginning (Genesis 1:31). Mutations (necessary for macro-evolution) are mostly bad.
3. God created man uniquely in His image to rule over creation (Genesis 1:26-28). Macro-evolution claims man is a mutation from a lower life form.
4. Adam's sin brought death into the world requiring Christ's redemption (Romans 5:12) . Theistic evolution is based on millions of years of death before Adam, negating* the purpose of Christ's redemption.
Macro-evolution is a theory, and micro-evolution is not a proof for it. Let's believe God's Word!
*Or at least greatly altering the meaning and denying multiple Scripture passages
Theistic Evolution - short response
1. The Bible is clear about the ease with which God created a world that was "very good."
Genesis 1:3,6-7, 9, 31:
God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light...
God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water...And it was so...
God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place,and let dry ground appear.” And it was so...[etc.]...
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
2. Atheism sees the evidence and tries to fit it into the popular theory of evolution. Faith sees the evidence and sees God's hand all over it. We shouldn't be surprised. Mankind has always desired to redefine, discredit, underestimate, and ignore the evidence for God.
Hebrews 1:1-3: Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
2 Peter 3:3-7: Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.
copyright 2016, Gail Burton Purath, BiteSizeBibleStudy.com