Sunday, March 25, 2018
One Day We'll Know the Rest of the Stories
I love stories about God’s intervention in people’s lives, whether dramatic or simple. I imagine we’ll hear some wonderful stories in heaven.
1. Did Pilate’s wife, who had a dream about Christ’s innocence, later give her life to Him?
Matthew 27:19: Just then, as Pilate was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent him this message: "Leave that innocent man alone. I suffered through a terrible nightmare about him last night."
2. How many who yelled “Crucify Him! His blood is on us and on our children!” later were saved by that precious blood?
Matthew 27:24-25: When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!” 25 All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”
3. How many soldiers who fell to their knees mocking Jesus later fell to their knees proclaiming Him Savior?
Matthew 27:28-29: They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, 29 and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand. Then they knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said.
4. How many who beat and crucified Christ later were healed by His stripes and forgiven by His crucifixion?
Verse 54 gives a hint: Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!"
5. Barabbas was pardoned instead of Christ. Did he ever accept Christ's eternal pardon?
verse 20: But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed. verse 26: But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.
6. Simon of Cyrene took up Christ’s cross and followed Him on the road to Golgotha.
Did he ever take up his Cross and follow Christ spiritually?
Matthew 27:32: As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross.
A single day in history, a single chapter in Scripture, and so many God stories that will one day thrill our hearts.
Take some time this coming week to remember all the God stories in your family. You might enjoy reading this 1-minute devotion: Let God Write Your Story.
Have you recognized the foreshadowing of Christ in the person of Moses? This 1-minute devotion gives a glimpse: Prophetic Whispers.
copyright 2018, Gail Burton Purath, BiteSizeBibleStudy.com